Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Alexander the Great (356 B.C. - 323 B.C.)

Interview with Alexander the Great.  Date: 345 B.C


Who are you, Alexander the Great? what did you do? 


I am son of Phillip II, and when Phillip was assassinated, at the age of 20, I took his place.  In 334 B.C, I decided to start a war against Persia, which is something my father wanted to do during his rule.

So, you started wars. Anything else?

Yes, I wanted land.  So I went into Egypt to conquer Tyre and Gaza, and I was treated as a liberator (someone that freed another person).  In fact, when I founded the city Alexandria, Egyptians honored me as a sun-god.  

Why are you so important to Greece; what was the effect?

Well, because I started the war that would begin Greece's Golden Age, and I conquered land, which is always important.  


Sources: "The Crusades (Overview)." World History: Ancient and Medieval ErasABC-CLIO, 2010. Web. 14 Nov. 2010.




Alexander the Great

No comments:

Post a Comment