Sunday, November 14, 2010

Charlemagne (742 - 814 A.D)

Interview with Charlemagne 794 A.D
How did you gain power?

Well, my father, Pippin died and he decided to split his power between me and my brother, Carloman.  Some people said that my brother was a better leader and I was. But, the main reason I gained power was because I got land.  Also, my brother died in 771, giving me power to the throne. 

What did you do with your power?

Well, I took land, I stopped the revolts against me, I also started the Christian Leadership for kings and emperors.  In addition, I united Europe for my reign.

Why is all this important to the West?

Because I was one of the most influential kings to Europe, also my leadership ideas were spread to the West.


Source: "Charlemagne." World History: Ancient and Medieval Eras. ABC-CLIO, 2010. Web. 10 Nov. 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment